How do you get construction leads?
- Understand Your Customers. To obtain quality construction leads, you must have a clear understanding of your customers' needs and their design and style preferences.
- List Your Company in Local Directories.
- Use Trade Shows.
- Uplift Your Email Marketing Game.
- Use PlanHub's Software.
How can I get more commercial work?
- Refine your CV.
- Apply to work on simple projects.
- Check for local commercial opportunities.
- Find freelance or voluntary work to build your portfolio.
- Network to find potential clients.
- Apply to work on related projects.
- Make sure you have the right skills.
How do you bid on government projects?
On federal jobs, contractors must be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) database. To bid on state and local government projects, businesses typically must hold a contractor's license in the state or municipality that qualifies them for the scope of work required, at a minimum.
What is the most popular construction contract?
Lump sum contracts
This is the most basic and common type of construction contract. Lump sum contracts work especially well for projects with a well-defined scope of work, which enables contractors to make an accurate estimate of the project's cost.
What to avoid when writing construction contracts?
- It's not written down.
- Both parties haven't signed the contract.
- Not all of the terms of the agreement are in writing and in the contract.
- The timeline is unclear.
- Particular terms aren't defined.
- There's no written approval of any changes to the contract.