One possible option for finding the as-built plans for any structure is to contact the original builder, designer, and/or engineer. This information can typically be found on the original building permit.
How do you get the building plans for your house?
How to Get Blueprints
- Contact real estate sales agents.
- Visit neighbors with similar homes.
- Consult local inspectors, assessors, and other building officials.
- Examine fire insurance maps for your neighborhood.
- Review local archives at the historical society, including historic plan books.
Is there a way to find the floor plan of a house?
Check with the Property Records: If you are the owner of the house or looking to buy a property, the floor plans might be available with the property records. Contact your local assessor's office, property appraiser's office, or the city/town's planning department.
Do engineers draw house plans?
Designing Your HomeAn engineer creates plans for your home's structural integrity, from the foundation up. Their design includes the framing, foundation, and roof to maximize efficiency and ensure that your home can stand the test of time.
How do you see my house when it was first built?
But don't worry, we'll walk you through the process.
- Look up summary info.
- Go to your county recorder's website.
- Look at the county parcel viewer.
- Access the history of a property online.
- Order copies of property records.
- Get permit records.
- Deeds and ownership transfers.
- Census and planning records.
How do I find the specs of my house?
Where To Find Blueprints of Your House
- Search your local building department or archives.
- Contact the original architect or builder.
- Find the original owner.
- Ask your neighbors.
- Pay for a new blueprint.